Guest PhD Applicants
Guest PhD applicantsare PhD candidates from abroad or from Germany who wish to spend a limited period visiting the BTS. They should have their own funding.
We are happy to consider all applications from interested eligible candidates; however, certain conditions must be met in order for the application to be successful:
- You must have completed at least the first year of your PhD at your home institution
- Your thesis topic must be closely connected to the research areas and projects of one of the BTS faculty members
- The BTS faculty member must agree to host your visit
- Office space must be available at one of the BTS partner institutions
Please note that a stay as a guest PhD candidate at the BTS does not include financial support. Funding must therefore be secured independently.
Applications can be submitted throughout the year. Please submit all documents by email to email@example.com and indicate clearly that you are applying as a guest researcher at the BTS. The Coordination Office will process the application and forward it to the respective faculty members.
- Research proposal
- Letter of motivation clearly explaining why you have chosen to apply to the BTS. Your letter should also include the name of your proposed faculty supervisor as well as an outline of the sections of your thesis that are to be completed during the research stay. Please also indicate the proposed time and duration of your stay.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or if you have any questions.